Friday, June 18, 2010

What was I thinking?

Today is an anniversary in my writing life. It was exactly two years ago today that I sat down at my laptop, having never had any desire to write anything before in my life, and started writing a novel for my daughter.

Then I wrote another one.

And then, I wrote Personal Demons.

Moral of the story: If you think you can’t, then you can’t. If you’re too stupid to know better (like me) then you never know what might happen. Okay, so forget the stupid part, but remember the part about believing in yourself.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Writing anniversary :) So glad you decided to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is lucky you took that first step. Happy Anniversary! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I hope you take yourself out for a fancy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy writing anniversary, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy writing anniversary!!! This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm excited to know that you are one that has finished a novel and has it published, that is truly exciting!!!

    It's nice to meet another blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy writing anniversary! And thanks for the gentle chin-up reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words of wisdom! Congrats on your anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys. Just goes to show you that anything is possible. =)

    ReplyDelete