Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring has sprung!

This, my dear people, is the view outside my window right now.

I love this time of year. All those blossoms mean I will have fruit this summer. Well, really, those are almond blossoms, so I’ll have nuts—or am nuts…or something.

Anywhooo, the peach blossoms will be next, and, last I looked, they were fruit, yes? So, it’s all good. We had some work done in our yard this winter and they killed my Bing cherry tree (murderers!), but I still have my Rainier cherry. I also have a peach tree, an apricot tree, a plum tree, a nectarine, a pear tree, a fig tree, and a walnut tree. The last of the oranges, lemons and grapefruits are ripening in my backyard as we speak…or blog…or whatever. And, in a few weeks, I’ll get my garden going.

So, like I said, I love this time of year. I promise to share. =)

If it’s still cold where you are, I think you should all move to California. To my house! I have a spare room! Come eat peaches! ;p

7 comments:

  1. I live in Buffalo, NY so its still FREEZING here. I will gladly live in your spare room and eat peaches (but only if I can meet Gabe lol) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha when I go to comment I see another "RORY" wow...cool to see.
    I think I will take you up on the spare room offer because in Michigan....Spring is a dream of long ago......Good to see It still happens somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you're going to have a bountiful spring. And here I was all excited yesterday that my tomato plant was growing a second tomato xD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm packing my bags. Fruit heaven! (sorry, Luc)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, lucky you! That view is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! How do you get inspiration to write about demons with that view!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That's breath-takingly gorgeous! I totally love this time of year too! After Winter, when you know Spring is on its way and everything starts to blossom!

    LOL @Fiktshun!

    ReplyDelete