Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BEA Update and OS teaser #37

Wow! The last two days have been a wild ride. It started Sunday night when I got to the airport hoping to get on a red-eye to Newark on standby. Good news, I did. Bad news: I can't sleep on airplanes, so I got here exhausted on Monday morning. The nice people at the hotel got a room ready for me by noon and I showered and changed before Teen Author Carnival. Sadly, I do not have any pictures to share with you, but it was an amazing event. I moderated a panel with so many fabulous authors, my head nearly exploded. I had Elizabeth Scott, Malinda Lo, Andrea Cremer, Courtney Allison Moulton, Michelle Hodkin, Kirsten Hubbard and Carole Estby Dagg. Very fun! I also met amazing authors, David Levithan, Karsten Knight, and zillions of others. And I fangirled Gayle Forman again, cuz...you know...I pretty much couldn't help myself. But the most fun was putting faces to all the blogger and Twitter friends I've made who stopped in to say hi. =)

Today was equally amazing. I signed in the autographing area with Kiki Hamilton, who's book, The Faerie Ring, comes out in September.

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was amazing. There were so many people that we couldn't get to everyone in an hour and they moved us to an overflow table where we signed until the books were gone.

(Pictures courtesy of my omnipotent uberagent, Suzie Townsend.)
I'm finally back at my hotel relaxing for a few hours, then dinner.

Tomorrow, I'm having breakfast with my incomparable critique parnter, Andrea Cremer, then signing Personal Demons in the RWA booth #3774.

Whew!

But after looking at those books, y'all want the teaser, yes? Okay...

#OriginalSin p90 Frannie: Being in Luc’s arms on the rocky edge of the quarry brings memories back. I glance over at the rope swing, remembering the night I brought Luc out here, under the stars. I shudder with the memory. It wasn’t our first kiss, but it was definitely the most romantic—and the most romantic night of my life up till that point. Something about the stars, maybe. But more than that, Luc let down his guard and showed me who he really was that night. I’m pretty sure that’s when I fell in love with him, though I never would have admitted it to myself at the time.

 
So, more from BEA tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to see me last night and today!

1 comment:

  1. Yay on such a positive response, and have another great day tomorrow! (I just wish I was there.) :)

    ReplyDelete