Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elevensies

The Elevensies is a really cool group of debut YA and MG authors whose first books are going to be published in 2011. What does that have to do with me? Well, I’m one of them. Even though I’m technically a Tenner, my book deal happened after the Tenner’s arbitrary cut off for membership, so the Elevensies were kind enough to take me in, and I will be forever grateful. Being part of a supportive writer’s community has meant I need much less Prozac helped me feel much calmer going through the publication process.

If you don’t follow the Elevensies blog, you should. There are fun interviews and great information to be had. We are amping up some really great features for aspiring writers and published writers alike. We also do a weekly “A Day in the Writing Life” feature, where writers such as Victoria Schwab, Lisa and Laura Roecker, Dawn Metcalf, and a ton of other super talented Elevensies give you a glimpse into how the process works for us. Today was my day, so check it out.

2 comments:

  1. well, that clears up the mystery for me about tenners/elevensies!

    So glad you're with the elevensies!

    ReplyDelete