Monday, July 4, 2011

Original Sin Playlist!

You guys want to know what inspired Original Sin? As with Personal Demons, it was music! I’m often asked if I have playlists for my books, and the truth is, my playlists turn into books. I start with the music. My playlist for each book is usually a couple of dozen songs, which I pare down to the 12-15 that were most instrumental and post them for all of you to enjoy. You can see the entire playlist for Personal Demons here. :p

If there’s a song that brings strong emotion to the surface for me, I often see it play out in the lives of my characters. In the Personal Demons series, you can see the evolution of the characters by the song that embodies them in each of the books.

For example, Frannie. In Original Sin, she’s coming to grips with her new powers, but she can’t protect everyone she loves, and someone will pay the ultimate price. Her song from Original Sin is How to Save a Life by the Fray.

Next we have my most conflicted character: Gabe. In Personal Demons, Gabe finds himself in a position he’s never been in before: questioning his purpose. But, with Frannie, the lines between duty and desire blur, and he struggles with basic questions of love and loyalty. Things for Gabe step up a notch in Original Sin. There’s a sub-current of desperation in everything he does. He vows to always be there for Frannie, no matter what, but what if keeping that promise means risking everything? His song from this book is Breaking Benjamin’s Anthem of the Angels.


And, then there’s Luc. He is the most “changed” character in Personal Demons. Things don’t go smoothly for Luc in Original Sin. That’s all I’m gonna say about that. Unfortunately for Luc, his experience in OS is perfectly summarized in the music and lyrics to World So Cold by Three Days Grace. 


And, the official Original Sin Playlist...



As usual, if you love any of these songs, please visit your chosen mode of music purchase and buy them =)

4 comments:

  1. AH! I've been eagerly awaiting this play list! Omg! LOVE the songs! Wow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My MOST favorite song for sure is THE MAINE's Inside Of You! AAAHHH! But, you probably already knew that! Heck, I even knew that it was going to be on the list BUT still my heart danced when I saw it on there! EEEEEE!

    Also, you've got some EXCELLENT taste in music! LOVE all the Breaking Benjamin songs! Also, I heart all the Three Doors Down songs, Linkin Park, Theory of a Deadman! Ah! The Fray, My Chemical Romance, Hinder! Really?!? AH! LOOOOOVE all of them!

    Best book playlist - EEEEVVVVEEER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the playlist and I agree, those songs are perfect for each of the characters. Poor Luc.... *snickers*

    ReplyDelete