Monday, September 13, 2010

Personal Demons Playlist

Tomorrow!!! Tomorrow is Personal Demons release day! As much as I've been dying for this day to get here, now that it is, I'm terrified. *bites nails* I really hope you all go out and buy Personal Demons, and I hope you love it. =)

As promised, here is the Personal Demons playlist. And, just a reminder: If you want a chance at winning one of two iPod Shuffles with this very playlist pre-loaded, make sure to follow the Personal Demons Amazing Race, which ends right here tomorrow. My fabulous critique partner Andrea Cremer (Nightshade, Oct 2010) is today's stop and she's posted a Personal Demons playlist of her own! (See my sidebar for the blog stops. Be sure to comment on each of the stops for additional chances to win PD swag and to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE packs of a signed copy of PD and an iPod.)

So, the playlist. In addition to the Frannie, Gabe and Luc's songs that were posted last week, there are a few others that were overriding themes for the book that don't show up on the playlist below. The biggest are the two songs that embody the relationships between Frannie and her boys.

Gabe is sent to protect Frannie and never expects to fall in love with her. The song that best captures the nature of Frannie and Gabe’s relationship is Never Going to be Alone by Nickelback.


Where Gabe is peace and love, Luc is everything else: lust, passion, with this seductive energy that makes Frannie want him in all the wrong ways. Frannie and Luc’s relationship is based in deep-seated need with an underlying connection that neither of them understand. The song that best reflects this is Never Say Never by The Fray. The title, the lyrics—everything fits. This one got played on repeat for days on end, sometimes.


And here is the official Personal Demons playlist. As always, if you love any of these songs, please visit your chosen mode of music purchase and buy them.

11 comments:

  1. I've already ordered it and I can't wait!! ;D Best of luck tomorrow, it is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Lisa, and I will DEFINITELY be buying a copy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be ready to jump out of your skin, I know I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, how exciting it must feel! and overwhelming too! :)
    I love your selection of songs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks, I love the songs I already know on it, and I'm liking the ones I didn't hear before now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love all these songs! The Fray, especially, has always been a favorite of mine. Their songs always have so much meaning and emotion behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some excellent songs. Congratulations on the book release tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Tuesday here. 7 and a half more hours before Amazon releases my Kindle version :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be so excited! I wonder if you'll get any sleep tonight. You've written a WONDERFUL book! Thank you so much for the ARC!!! I'm recommending it left and right with a guarantee they'll enjoy the ride! PERSONAL DEMONS is such a good story people are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the playlist! It's so nice to find an author that picks songs that I actually know :)
    Also, I think another song that describes Luc and Frannie's relationship is Just A Little Girl by Trading Yesterday. Here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWqx6cmIrs
    Team Luc! Thank you for creating him! :DD

    ReplyDelete