Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My love/hate relationship with technology and Original Sin Teaser #51

Technology is great, except for when it isn't.

I just got a new phone. I was seriously overdue. So, this phone is supposed to do everything and I'm all execited about it, except that there's nothing I hate more than having to figure out how to use something new. I'm not one of those people who will play with all the functions of my new gadget. I know what I need it for, and I just want to be able to use it. I get very easily frustrated when things don't work how I think they should, or at least in a logical way. Take, for example, this new Blackberry. I was going to post this blog post from it to try it out...but ran into a snag.

To type in a symbol, such as the "@" or "." in an email address, I need to go to the symbol menu. This particular one has two pages. When I was typing in my IRL, both pages came up just fine. But, when I tried to sign in to my blog and it asked for my email address, the second page of the symbol menu, where both the @ and the . are, wouldn't come up. So...therefore, I could not sign into my Blogger account, and I could not post this from my fabulous new phone.

It's the stupid little things that drive me crazy. And this is why I hate technology. NOTHING'S EVER EASY! It should be, but it's just not. And I hate it. I don't have the patience to screw around with it and figure out why it won't do what I want it to. So I give up. Which sucks. So, here's what I want to do to my new phone:


But, enough of my lamenting my ineptitude with technology. Here's today's Original Sin Teaser. I know y'all have missed Luc, so here he is:

#OriginalSin p163 Luc: This morning I’m less worried. Frannie’s with her family at church, and the chance that Rhenorian—or any other demon—is going to follow her in there is pretty slim. Not that the whole religion thing is going to scare us off. It’s just too hard not to laugh out loud. Not a wise tactic when you’re trying to blend.

Now, excuse me while I go throw my phone against the wall.

3 comments:

  1. Did you try scrolling to the bottom of the first symbol menu, then all the way over to the right? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your big problem with easy is you bought the wrong phone. Should have gone for the iPhone. I can post on blogger just fine from mine. So much is made easy on the iPhone.

    Anyway, thanks for the look at Luc. I needed that this morning.

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. I hate getting used to new tech, too. I have a Blackberry Curve, which has the @ and . As shift options on the buttons, but I can imagine I'd be annoyed to have to go to the symbol menu for them. :(

    I'm actually on it now. I got my Blackberry because I haven't had internet at home since October (long, annoying story).

    Needless to say, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete