Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Original Sin Teaser #3 and contests!

First, in case you haven't seen it yet, my incomparable critique partner, Andrea Cremer (Nightshade, Philomel), is running an epic, blow-out contest for some amazing books (including both of mine, both of hers, four others mentioned in this post, and tons more). It's a Twitter contest, but you can find deets on her blog here. And, my good friend Kody Keplinger (The DUFF, Little Brown) is giving away a copy of Personal Demons in her 20th birthday celebration, so go wish her a happy birthday and enter to win. Also, don't forget to enter to win a signed ARC of Original Sin and a signed copy of Rachel Hawkin's Demons Glass here. Just an aside: I've discovered tote bags are popular. 200 of you entered my First Contest-for-no-reason last week, when a signed Rachel Hawkins tote was up for grabs, but not so many this week in the Second Contest-for-no-reason for a signed Rachel Hawkins book. LOL ;p

And, yesterday was a big YA release day. There were books by Cassie Claire and her awesome crit partner, Holly Black, and my most anticipated release of the year, Where She Went by Gayle Forman, is now sitting happily in my Nook. I have to admit that I've missed the party with Cassie's Mortal Instruments series. I just listened to the the audiobook of CoB last month. I will start CoA when I finish with Where She Went.

So, I'm curious: What, if anything, did you download/buy yesterday? With the embargo on City of Fallen Angels, there were lots of people drooling over it's release and it took over Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth as the big YA Twitter topic yesterday. Were you one that bought/read it yesterday? Did you (like me) buy and read something else?

Now on to our Original Sin teaser.

Yesterday we met Matt, Frannie's new guardian angel, and I mentioned he's not a big fan of Luc's. Here is another bit from their first exchange.

#OriginalSin p13 Matt to Luc: “I knew you were going to be useless. Why Gabriel thought you’d be any help at all, I’ll never understand.” He fans the pages and turns his glare back on me. “You’re going to slip back into your old ways. I just know it. Demons don’t change.”

Tomorrow and Friday we get a few more snippets from this exchange. Once again, please feel free to leave spoiler-free questions in the comment feed and I promise to answer them. =)

6 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for my copy of City of Fallen Angels to arrive.
    I recommend you the hole series, it'e awesome! You should read it!

    Thanks for the teaser!!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Are you only going to post teasers from the first chapter of origninal sin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    And I was fortunate to get an ARC of WHERE SHE WENT, and it is my favorite book ever! I will definately be re-reading it over and over again. Yesterday, I bought ABSOLUTION by Jennifer Laurens and now I'm (not so) patiently waiting for it to arrive as well as my pre-order of COFA. So many great books... sooooo little money!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mromero--Nope, I have teasers ready to go up through page 357 (of 400) so you'll get a feel for the whole book =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEE! I can't wait for the world to read this book! :)

    I'm totally going to read it again right before it releases!

    -Momo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admit I did buy and read already City of Fallen Angels. BUT, I have already read Where She Went which is AMAZING! Great release day yesterday for sure! Thanks for the teaser!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete