Friday, April 8, 2011

Original Sin Teaser #5 and WHEW for finished trilogies!

The Personal Demons Trilogy is DONE! Whew! Last Friday I turned in The Novel Formerly Known as Hellbent (new title to be announced soonish) to my editor. She emailed me back that I ruined her afternoon. (Apparently she opened it when she had other things she was supposed to be doing.) Since then, no word, so I'm operating on the adage that no news is good news. I'll get a revision letter from her at some point in the not so distant future, because that's how publishing works, but, unless that letter says, "Scrap the whole thing and start over," I can work with it.

And also, just as exciting for me, I WILL finish the first draft of my new, very fun WIP this weekend. So cupcakes all around! It just needs a few transitions smoothed out and it's a WHOLE BOOK, with a beginning, a middle, an end, and characters and a plot and EVERYTHING. Woot! I love these characters. The MC has a great sense of humor that totally didn't come from me, and the boys are seriously yummy in totally different ways. Plus people die and there are fires and people die. My truly fabulous agent *hi Suzie* has read the beginning and liked, so I hope she likes the rest too.

Course, I have to squeeze those transitions between volleyball games, since we're heading to Reno for a three day Junior Olympic qualifier that my daughter's team is playing in. It's four hours of car time each way, so I should be able to swing that and finishing Where She Went, which is burning a hole in my Nook.

But, the teaser...the reason you're all here! Our last few teasers have featured Matt, but they've been from Luc's POV. Here is our first teaser from Matt's POV:

#OriginalSin p16 Matt: "So, what's the plan for the day?" I ask.
Frannie shrugs. "Well, lunch, I guess. Then..." She looks at the demon and an impish grin pulls at her lips. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking...?"
I roll my eyes and glower at Luc. He leans into the table and smirks at me. "Get your mind out of the gutter, cherub. The Mustang needs an oil change."

So, what are y'all working on this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. (clapping) big congrats. I can only imagine the weight lifted off your shoulders. Are you pleased with the outcome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I think editors secretly like days ruined by reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elie--I do. I really like the way everything came together in bk 3 =)

    Caroline--Thanks, dear. I hope you're right and her day wasn't ruined because she sat cringing at the horror of it all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'd say have a great weekend, but I think that's inevitable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Can't wait to hear more about the WiP.

    Have a great weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been getting loads of work done. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I just finished the first draft to a story of mine as well. :)

    Have a beautiful weekend~!



    *~` http://rockielove.blogspot.com/ `~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I'm sure it will be absolutely amazing when it comes out. I always hate saying goodbye to characters, but I know it's necessary. (I always get too attached haha)

    Loved the teaser, by the way! I agree with Tere, I can't wait to hear about the WIP eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serious congratulations are due. Yay, Lisa!(Good luck to your daughter, too.)

    ReplyDelete