Friday, August 27, 2010

August Debut Winner!!

Okay, okay! I know! I promised you a super-hot, scorch-your-eyes-out, Luc trailer today. But...due to technical difficulties (read: uncooperative models) the Luc trailer debut has been postponed until Monday. :*(  Vania promises me we'll have something amazing to show you then. So, in the mean time, I'll announce the August Debut Contest winner to keep you occupied.

But, first, there were some questions in the comments for the August Debut Contest, so let me answer those for you:

Wulfluva asks: Since both Luc and Gabriel are in your book, is Michael?
Yes, he is, actually. But don't expect warm and fuzzy.

Mireyah Wolfe: I'd love to know what kind of research you did for the mythology of the Angels & such--books or websites, etc?
I relied heavily on the internet, but also found some excellent sources at the library. The beauty of writing fiction is that it doesn't matter if your sources are factual or how accurate they are. If anything you read sets off that creative spark, it's a great resource. For example: When I started writing Personal Demons, all I had was a name: Lucifer Cain. I went on-line to research the story of Cain and Abel and found a post that talked about the origin of sin. It kept using the phrase "creatures of sin." I turned that over in my mind and thought, in my fictional Hell, why couldn't there be actual creatures of sin. That shaped Luc, who is a demon and a true Creature of Pride.

Looksie Lovitz: I would love to know what some of the books are you favorites this year or what you're looking forward to.
I'm jumping on the Mockingjay bandwagon. It's the only book I've bought and read on release day. Others I've loved are (in order of release) The DUFF  by Kody Keplinger (Sept 2010), Nightshade by my fab critique partner, Andrea Cremer (Oct 2010), and Matched by Ally Condie (Nov 2010).

April: Of course, I'm curious to what you do with the books in the giveaways that aren't picked?
Honestly, the ones I'm truly dying for (which are many of them), I buy and read. The others never get bought.

Bee: Did you always want to write urban fantasy or have you experimented with other genres as well? What's your biggest writing dream?
Personal Demons is my first attempt at urban fantasy. I started writing just two years ago, so, other than the Personal Demons series, I've only written a few other things, both YA. My biggest writing dream is coming true. Reviews are posting for Personal Demons and people are loving my characters almost as much as I do. That's all I could ever ask.

Bookaholic: My question to you is-Now that your baby is ready and is soon gonna be released, how are you feeling?
Totally freaked out. As I said, the reviews so far have been great, so I'm hoping someone besides my family might actually go out and buy Personal Demons. *bites nails*

Thanks for your questions! So, the contest. Remember, this months winner gets the VERY LAST unclaimed Personal Demons ARC if they so choose. Is it you????

So, here we go. The winner of THE VERY LAST Personal Demons ARC, or another August debut, as chosen by the randomizer is:

*drumroll*



Eleni @ La Femme Readers!!!!

Congrats!!!

*blows virtual noisemakers* (cuz the real ones hurt my ears)

Eleni gets her choice of the VERY LAST signed Personal Demons ARC or one of the following:
Freak Observer Blythe Woolston
Nevermore Kelly Creagh
Wildfire Run Dee Garretson
Paranormalcy Kiersten White

Remember that the contests aren't over! Starting next month I will be offering up signed finished copies of Personal Demons, along with other great debuts. Check back on Wednesday for the start of my September Debut Contest! :p

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my question! Those are great books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Eleni!!

    Thanks for sharing some Q&A's! They were very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! Thank you so much! I'm e-mailing you right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS, ELENI!!! I'm so happy for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering my question! *Woots* for PD <3333

    And congrats to Eleni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT? I didn't win?? NOOOooooo....
    That's okay, my copy is coming in the mail.
    Congrats to Eleni.
    Can't wait for the next trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love that all your favorites have been my favorites this year! How cool is that? OK, probably only seems cool to me :P

    Congrats to Eleni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for September 14th!

    Congrats Eleni!

    ReplyDelete