Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vote on a Personal Demons cover!!

We've decided it was fun being royal yesterday, so we're not quite ready to give it up. Plus we're still reading Mockingjay (Blame Luc. He demanded I write this whole really warped scene in Hellbent yesterday that lead to writing a few chapters then going back and tweaking Original Sin to tie it all in.) so we're still on radio silence while we finish.

But...

YA Addict is running a oh-so-very cool Re-create a Cover Contest for Personal Demons and the first round of voting starts today! I'm posting a smattering of the entries below to whet your appetite. And can I just say, WOW! All of the entries are amazing. Get thee over to her blog and vote for your favorites!

This one is drool worthy in more ways than I can describe. I mean, scorch my eyes out of their sockets hot:

There are a few with the "split cover" design with Heaven on one side and Hell on the other. This one is seriously amazing. I would totally pick this book up off the shelf. Check out her hands:

This one, I love. The devils tail and the feathers...way cool:

And the sky in this one is perfect, plus the guys are totally hot:

A couple of people when for Graceling thing with the eyes. This first one blows me away:

And this one is really cool with the contrasting colors (and the eyes):

And some are simple and sweet:

These are just a few of the fabulous entries, so go over and check them out. Feel free to leave comments here, but vote on YA Addict's blog. Votes left here won't count. And a huge THANKS and good luck to everyone who entered!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked mine (the one with the devil's tail and feathers). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you liked my sister's cover design. Mine is floating around in the entries...somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just Wow.
    Those are fantastic! I love seeing people run with creativity. I'd pick up any of those off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool :) Though I'm not surprised people are going all out to win the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for the devil's tail and feathers one. I agree...way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you liked my cover (the black one with the different colour eyes and the flame)!

    I had no idea about the Graceling thing thing with the eyes when I made this, I haven't even read that book yet (though I did buy it a few days ago and am super excited to read it!), I just did it symbolically; one eye represents Heaven and the other Hell.

    Good luck to eveyone who entered! :)

    (Sorry, this was a pretty long comment lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these covers! (Sandy - those feathers are awesome!) I'm always so in awe of artistic people, I never would have been able to come up with this concepts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you like my cover (the sky one with the two guys)!! Thanks so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very impressive! I think if I was scanning for books the one with the sky and two guys and the one with the eyes and flame would totally get my attention:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! Aren't these amazing. Make sure you all go over to YA Addict's blog and check out all 19 covers. They're all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a lot of fun making the cover, but it's a lot of fun to see everyone's different design and perspective. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. #5 is PLAIN awesome!!
    I like #2, too but the typography kinda doesn’t suit the whole thing … ._.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fave of these is the one with the sky. Going to go check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete